- Schedule of Classes - September 1, 2022 7:41AM EDT
- Course Catalog - August 9, 2022 8:17AM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Designed for Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA) students, this course provides a practitoner's focus on financial, managerial, and leadership issues in the non-profit sector including universities, hospitals, environmental groups, government agencies, and foundations. the course will include an overview of non-profit financial statements, financial ratios, debt issuance, endowment management, credit analysis, tax issues, organizational governance issues, mergers & alliances, and industry-sector trends.
When Offered Summer.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: EMPA students.
Distribution Category (HD-HE,KCM-HE, SBA-HE)
- Students will apply tools for evaluating financial statements in the nonprofit sector.
- Students will evaluate debt financing as a financial management strategy, including how debt financing impacts financial flexibility, financing techniques, bond ratings, and coverage ratios.
- Students will evaluate frameworks for nonprofit management, including frameworks for risk management, auditing, conflict of interest, organizational governance, and partnership/alliance-building.
- Students will draft three short, analytical papers on interpreting financial ratios for a college, analyzing a budget for a hospital, and recommending a merger of several nonprofits.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Online Meeting
- Jul 5 - Aug 6, 2022
- Aug 8 - Aug 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: Hybrid-Online and In Person
Disabled for this roster.