- Schedule of Classes - September 1, 2022 7:41AM EDT
- Course Catalog - August 9, 2022 8:17AM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This course focuses on user experience design (UX) and the life cycle of interface design from the user perspective. We will discuss key aspects of the human-centered design process: understanding, analyzing, and formalizing user needs, exploring possible design solutions to address user needs, creating prototypes to externalize design ideas, and evaluating the usability of these prototypes.
When Offered Fall, Spring, Summer.
- Students will be able to appraise the human-centered design cycle and human-computer interaction design concepts.
- Students will be able to build practical skills required to apply the human-centered design process in technology design through class activities and a semester-long project.
- Students will be able to design a user interface in a semester-long project, including interim milestones that walk the students through the specific stages of the design process.
- Students will be able to develop teamwork skills through a semester-long group project.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MTWRF Upson Hall 142
- May 31 - Jun 17, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
This Summer Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ss/courses/courses.php?v=3352
Disabled for this roster.