- Schedule of Classes - September 1, 2022 7:41AM EDT
- Course Catalog - August 9, 2022 8:17AM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Many Veterans experience challenges when transitioning from the military to civilian life, and from a community college to Cornell University. The seemingly disconnected and unstructured environment of a large, Ivy League university can further exacerbate these challenges and result in student Veterans not taking advantage of all the opportunities available to them in college. ALS 1100 is a seminar that aims to assist Veteran students during the transition from military service or smaller college experience to collegiate life at Cornell and later, a civilian career. Students will engage in experiential learning opportunities, reflections, excursions, discussions, and seminars aimed at helping them explore their transition to Cornell, academic opportunities and various available resources on campus and in the local community.
When Offered Spring, Summer.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: veteran students.
- Implement strategies for maximizing your VA educational benefits.
- Develop an action plan that puts you on the path to achieving your academic and professional goals.
- Describe the vast opportunities at Cornell University for personal, professional, and academic growth.
- Translate your military experience into marketable skills that are attractive to civilian employers.
- Establish a network of colleagues who will help you succeed in your transition.
- Identify and implement strategies to successfully address your transition.
- Engage regularly with a community of undergraduate veterans.
Six Week Summer.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MTWRF Morrill Hall 107
- Jun 21 - Jul 29, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
This Summer Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ss/courses/courses.php?v=2229
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: