- Schedule of Classes - January 28, 2023 7:34PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 28, 2023 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This course focuses on environmental legislation such as the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the Clean Air Act (CAA), the Clean Water Act (CWA), and others as a foundation for US environmental policy. Internationally, focus on Environmental Policy in multiple countries and comparative to US environmental policy. Over the course we will discuss how environmental policy directly impacts community, public health, natural ecological systems, concepts of justice, and socioeconomics. We will explore these major environmental policies in the US as a basis of comparison and then apply those mechanism domestically or internationally to address climate change and improve other environment conditions. Students who seek to work in the US will build an analytic skill set to be competitive for jobs in environmental consulting, government, public policy, public health, non-profits, and advocacy groups.
When Offered Spring.
- Students will Analyze major United States environmental policy including the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA) and others.
- Students will debate major environmental policy on international stage (UN) and also key policies in other countries.
- Students will analyze the challenges & opportunities in implementing effective mitigation, alternatives, & cumulative impacts to proposed projects & policies.
- Students will analyze the process of environmental policy, regulation, and rulemaking.
- Students will propose strategies for overcoming obstacles to effective environmental regulations.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW M Van Rensselaer Hall 1153
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: