- Schedule of Classes - January 28, 2023 7:34PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 28, 2023 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
This course serves as an introduction to the art of model building, especially related to public sector planning and management issues. The course also introduces the quantitative approach for identifying, evaluating and estimating the physical, economic, environmental, and social impacts of alternative decisions planners and managers are asked to make.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: CIPA students who did not pass the English Language Assessment offered by CIPA during orientation are required to take PADM 5051, PADM 5053, or PADM 5055. CIPA students may also co-enroll in these courses while enrolled in this course.
Comments This course is reading and writing-intensive.Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate proficiency with quantitative modeling techniques, including simulation, optimization, and linear/dynamic programming.
- Students will identify, evaluate, and estimate the physical, economic, environmental, and social aspects of alternative decisions planners and managers are asked to make.
- Students will integrate concepts learned in class through a team project.
Or send this URL: