- Schedule of Classes - January 29, 2023 7:36PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 29, 2023 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
An introduction to quantum computing for students who have not necessarily had prior exposure to quantum mechanics. This course is intended for physicists, electrical engineers, and computer scientists. Topics include: foundational algorithmic building blocks and quantum algorithms; variational quantum algorithms (for physics simulation and for combinatorial optimization); quantum machine learning; basic physics of quantum computing hardware implementation. There will be substantial programming exercises implementing quantum algorithms to run on simulators and quantum computers in the cloud.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: MATH 2940 or equivalent, and CS 1110 or equivalent exposure to Python.
Comments Students enrolled in AEP 5310 will need to complete additional homework relative to students enrolled in AEP 3100.Outcomes
- Students will be able to understand and have the knowledge to implement core quantum algorithms.
- Students will be able to apply some of the quantum algorithms studied to new application problems.
- Students will be able to explain key challenges in constructing quantum computers and in running quantum algorithms on current quantum computers.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: AEP 3100
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Physical Sciences Building 120
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: