- Schedule of Classes - January 29, 2023 7:36PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 29, 2023 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
An introduction to quantum computing for students who have not necessarily had prior exposure to quantum mechanics. This course is intended for physicists, electrical engineers, and computer scientists. Topics include: foundational algorithmic building blocks and quantum algorithms; variational quantum algorithms (for physics simulation and for combinatorial optimization); quantum machine learning; basic physics of quantum computing hardware implementation. There will be substantial programming exercises implementing quantum algorithms to run on simulators and quantum computers in the cloud.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: MATH 2940 or equivalent, and CS 1110 or equivalent exposure to Python.
- Students will be able to understand and have the knowledge to implement core quantum algorithms.
- Students will be able to apply some of the quantum algorithms studied to new application problems.
- Students will be able to explain key challenges in constructing quantum computers and in running quantum algorithms on current quantum computers.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: AEP 5310
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Physical Sciences Building 120
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: