- Schedule of Classes - January 18, 2022 7:28PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 18, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This course is designed to develop the relevant skills required for Winter and Spring vineyard management, as well as budget and business plan formation. Focused on hands-on, active learning, students will spend significant time in the Cornell University vineyards.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: VIEN 1104, VIEN 2204, one semester introductory biology, and one semester introductory chemistry.
- Students will be able to use harvest and pruning statistics to make pruning decisions.
- Students will be able to analyze seasonal outcomes and create farming plans for the coming season.
- Students will be able to prune grapevines of various training methods.
- Students will be able to evaluate, design and repair trellising.
- Students will be able to use and analyze timesheet data.
- Students will be able to examine financial and quality outcomes of pruning methods.
- Students will be able to create development and operational budgets for vineyards of various design specifications and uses.
Regular Academic Session. Choose one lecture and one laboratory. Combined with: VIEN 5620
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- F Plant Science Building 141
- Jan 24 - May 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisites: VIEN 1104, one semester introductory biology, one semester introductory chemistry.
Or send this URL: