- Schedule of Classes - January 23, 2022 7:28PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 23, 2022 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Covers the science of self-regulation and its development over the human life span. After providing an overview of historical perspectives, the class will focus on contemporary research including homeostasis in bodily systems, self-control and regulation, goal setting, economic perspectives, as well as the role of emotions and personality.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Recommended prerequisite: HD 1150 or HD 1170 or PSYCH 1101.
Distribution Category (D-HE, SBA-HE)
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic mechanisms underlying the self-regulation of human behavior.
- Describe trajectories of different self-regulatory mechanisms across the life span.
- Critically evaluate contemporary research articles in the field.
- Translate current findings in self-regulation to policy, programs, and practice. Apply insights from the class to your personal and academic life.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: HD 6290
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR M Van Rensselaer Hall G151
- Jan 24 - May 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: