- Schedule of Classes - June 10, 2022 7:44AM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 9, 2022 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Covers the chemistry of foods and food ingredients. Discusses the chemical and physical properties of water, proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, and other food components and additives in the context of their interactions and functional roles in foods.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: CHEM 1570, BIOMG 3300, or BIOMG 3310.
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Master the basics of food chemistry.
- Develop a qualitative understanding of the general principles that govern the behavior of food materials.
- Demonstrate a general familiarity with the principal groups of food molecules, their reactions in foods and during processing, and how their properties affect foods.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: FDSC 4170
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MWF Stocking Hall 146
- Jan 24 - May 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Disabled for this roster.