- Schedule of Classes - January 23, 2022 7:28PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 23, 2022 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Covers the chemistry of foods and food ingredients. Discusses the chemical and physical properties of water, proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, and other food components and additives in the context of their interactions and functional roles in foods.
When Offered Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: CHEM 1570, BIOMG 3300, or BIOMG 3310.
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Master the basics of food chemistry.
- Develop a qualitative understanding of the general principles that govern the behavior of food materials.
- Demonstrate a general familiarity with the principal groups of food molecules, their reactions in foods and during processing, and how their properties affect foods.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: FDSC 6170
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MWF Stocking Hall 146
- Jan 24 - May 10, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: CHEM 1570 or BIOMG 3300 or BIOMG 3310.
Or send this URL: