- Schedule of Classes - November 30, 2023 7:54PM EST
- Course Catalog - November 30, 2023 7:32PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This is a senior-level course in information networking with an emphasis on wireless technology. Examples of topics include: 5G cellular, the latest WiFi standards, Bluetooth, routing and switching, congestion control, network security, and user privacy. Though the focus will be on communication networking technologies, downstream legal and social issues that arise from design decisions will be discussed. Added midterm, longer final report, more advanced homework.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: ECE 3100.
- Knowledge and understanding of how modern cellular technology, the Internet and other prominent technologies reached their current form.
- Ability to understand and analyze basic important algorithms in the Internet, such as congestion control and shortest path routing.
- Be able to understand the challenges that come with designing wireless networks and the tradeoff of corresponding solutions.
- Understand the limitation of current wired and wireless architectures. Be able to perform related analysis and design, and to predict future emphases as these technologies evolve.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Online Meeting
- Aug 21 - Dec 4, 2023
Instruction Mode: Distance Learning-Asynchronous
Enrollment limited to: SYSEN DL students.
Or send this URL: