- Schedule of Classes - January 15, 2024 7:50PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 15, 2024 7:28PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This is a senior-level course in information networking with an emphasis on wireless technology. Examples of topics include: 5G cellular, the latest WiFi standards, Bluetooth, routing and switching, congestion control, network security, and user privacy. Though the focus will be on communication networking technologies, downstream legal and social issues that arise from design decisions will be discussed.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: ECE 3100.
- Knowledge and understanding of how modern cellular technology, the Internet and other prominent technologies reached their current form.
- Ability to understand and analyze basic important algorithms in the Internet, such as congestion control and shortest path routing.
- Be able to understand the challenges that come with designing wireless networks and the tradeoff of corresponding solutions.
- Understand the limitation of current wired and wireless architectures. Be able to perform related analysis and design, and to predict future emphases as these technologies evolve.
Or send this URL: