- Schedule of Classes - March 30, 2023 7:34PM EDT
- Course Catalog - March 30, 2023 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Data-driven decision making and the use of analytical approaches are critical skills for success in business. Analytics skills are increasing in demand and in many cases, are required for business professionals. The new technologies and development such as personal electrical devices, social media, online shopping, ... resulted in exponential growth in the amount of data we generate and collect on a daily basis. Companies are highly interested in extracting knowledge from these sources. To be able to manipulate and analyze a large structured and unstructured dataset, you need to learn how to code. In this course, by learning Python, one of the most popular programming languages, you are taking a significant step in data analysis. You will learn how to design and code an algorithm and manipulate datasets.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate students.
Forbidden Overlaps Forbidden Overlap: due to an overlap in content, students will receive credit for only one course in the following group: AEM 2840, AEM 2841, AEM 5840, CS 1133, HADM 3710.
- Program Python, a strong and popular open source programming language.
- Develop algorithmic thinking.
- Utilize and understand Basic Data Structures.
- Utilize and understand Conditional Branching and Looping.
- Create functions in Python.
- Utilize Python libraries that can be used for business analytics.
- Develop skills in building models to solve real-world business problems.
- Produce a Python solution for a business application.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: AEM 2840
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Mann Library B30A
- Aug 22 - Dec 5, 2022
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment preference given to: students in MPS-AEM.
Or send this URL: