- Schedule of Classes - February 7, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 7, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This course is an interdisciplinary course where one can apply what they have learned in hospitality development & design, marketing, real estate and operations, to envision a hotel concept, or brand story, and fully develop it with a team to understand how this concept informs site selection, program, design, and operational procedures.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Intended for: SHA students. Non-SHA students must obtain written permission of instructor.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: HADM 7510.
Satisfies Requirement Elective.Outcomes
- Foster an in-depth understanding of the hotel real estate development process with an emphasis on the "Concept Phase" and how decisions in the front-end impact future phases in the process.
- Understand how branding, design and operations inform each other to deliver a seamless experience for the guest.
- Understand the sequential nature of the development of a hospitality brand and learn how to apply a brand vision as a filter for all decisions throughout the development process.
- Understand the role of each professional in the development of a new hotel concept including developer, architect/designer, marketing/branding professional, and operator.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: HADM 4515
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Statler Hall 278
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: HADM 7510. Undergraduate students must enroll in HADM 4515.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.