- Schedule of Classes - June 18, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 18, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
This course is an interdisciplinary course where one can apply what they have learned in hospitality development & design, marketing, real estate and operations, to envision a hotel concept, or brand story, and fully develop it with a team to understand how this concept informs site selection, program, design, and operational procedures.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Intended for: SHA students. Non-SHA students must obtain written permission of instructor.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: HADM 2550.
Satisfies Requirement Elective.
Comments Graduate students must enroll in HADM 6515.Outcomes
- Foster an in-depth understanding of the hotel real estate development process with an emphasis on the "Concept Phase" and how decisions in the front-end impact future phases in the process.
- Understand how branding, design and operations inform each other to deliver a seamless experience for the guest.
- Understand the sequential nature of the development of a hospitality brand and learn how to apply a brand vision as a filter for all decisions throughout the development process.
- Understand the role of each professional in the development of a new hotel concept including developer, architect/designer, marketing/branding professional, and operator.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: HADM 6515
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MWTo Be Assigned
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment limited to: juniors and seniors. Prerequisite: HADM 2550 or equivalent. Grad students must enroll in HADM 6515.
Or send this URL: