- Schedule of Classes - June 12, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 12, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
In recent years, the scientific community has increasingly referred to "public engagement in science." This seminar explores the scholarly literature addressing that move; the links between "public engagement" and earlier concerns about sciences literacy, public understanding of science, and outreach; and the intersections between literature in communication and in science studies on issues involving the relationships among science(s) and public(s).
When Offered Spring (offered in even-numbered years only).Outcomes
- Students will be able to identify scholarly literature relevant to analysis of public communication of science and technology.
- Students will be able to identify and analyze recurrent themes in the scholarly literature on public communication of science and technology.
- Students will be able to produce scholarly writing (including appropriate documentation) about public communication of science and technology.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: STS 6661
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWTo Be Assigned
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Planned for In Person
Or send this URL: