- Schedule of Classes - January 8, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 8, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Educational psychology is the application of psychological principles and concepts to cases of teaching and learning. We study behavioral, cognitive, embodied, and social-cultural perspectives on learning and thinking, and we use them in planning and reflecting on weekly fieldwork outside the classroom. In the process, we become more mindful and skilled learners ourselves and better facilitators of others' learning.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Distribution Category (CA-AG, KCM-AG)
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Be able to analyze and improve instructional materials and methods in terms of their ... Appropriateness for a given learning goal Demands on memory Demands on attention Demands on their ability to process the language of instruction Assumptions about the level of intellectual abstraction that learners are capable of Potential to activate learner motivation
- Be more efficient and effective at reading, summarizing, and asking critical questions about peer-reviewed original research in educational psychology
- Be more comfortable and skilled at facilitating learning for another person (through questioning, listening, and observing learners at work)
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- M Kennedy Hall 213
Disabled for this roster.