- Schedule of Classes - January 31, 2019 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 31, 2019 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Critically examines theories and empirical research on the relationships among social group membership, social status, and physical and mental health.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: 20 juniors or seniors.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: a statistics course and one of the following: SOC 1101/DSOC 1101, or HD 2510/SOC 2510.
Distribution Category (SBA-HE)
- Be able to contrast multiple theoretical perspectives on a research issue.
- Students will practice applying theories of human development to understanding health inequalities.
- Think creatively about research methods in the context of studying the social brain throughout different developmental stages.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: SOC 4570
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWIves Hall 112
Prerequisite: SOC/DSOC 1101 or PSYCH 1101
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.