- Schedule of Classes - January 7, 2018 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 7, 2018 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Introduction to principles and methods of pathology. Pathology role in stem cell research and regenerative medicine. Systematic evaluation of mouse models, with a particular attention to such topics as experimental design model validations, identification of novel phenotypes. Also included is supervised mouse necropsy.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: 12 students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Highly recommended prerequisite: BIOAP 4130 and NS 4900.
Comments Relies on background information from NS 4900, which meets during first half. Students interested in both courses must register for them separately.Outcomes
- Understand principles and methods of pathology as discipline.
- Experience in planning of animal experiments, collecting and processing of biological materials.
- Become familiar with pathology terminology.
- Learn about the role of stem cell pathology in stem cell research and regenerative medicine.
Combined with: TOX 7010
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Graded(Letter grades only)
Disabled for this roster.