- Schedule of Classes - January 7, 2018 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 7, 2018 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Introduction to principles and methods of pathology. Pathology role in stem cell research and regenerative medicine. Systematic evaluation of mouse models, with a particular attention to such topics as experimental design model validations, identification of novel phenotypes. Also included is supervised mouse necropsy.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: 12 students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: basic histology course BIOAP 4130 and NS 4900 are highly recommended.
Comments Meets during second half of semester and relies on background information from NS 4900, which meets during first half. Students interested in both courses must register for them separately.Outcomes
- Understand principles and methods of pathology as discipline.
- Experience in planning of animal experiments, collecting and processing of biological materials.
- Become familiar with pathology terminology.
- Learn about the role of stem cell pathology in stem cell research and regenerative medicine.
Combined with: VTBMS 7010
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Graded(Letter grades only)
Disabled for this roster.