- Schedule of Classes - February 6, 2017 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 6, 2017 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2016-2017.
This research seminar is offered to graduate students who are currently conducting research or planning to do research in the near future on any of the three topics – autobiographical memory, self, and emotion. We focus on a special topic each time to reflect the most recent development in an area of research. We examine current data and theories concerning the topic from a variety of perspectives and at multiple levels of analysis, particularly focusing on the interconnections among these fields of inquiry. The "scale of observation" is viewed as occurring within the person (brain mechanisms, including genetics), at the level of the person (content--goals, beliefs, desires, etc.), and between persons (relationships, and group interaction--including culture). Students will attend HD 4310. Additional class time will be scheduled later to accommodate students' schedules.
When Offered Fall.Outcomes
- Learn content and theories in these areas of psychological research.
- Learn how to critically evaluate theories and empirical research on these topics.
- Develop advanced literacy in the research methods of these topics.
Disabled for this roster.