- Schedule of Classes - February 7, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 7, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This winter session field trip is an extension of fall seminar COMM 4951 which introduces students to the world of professional communication. During this trip, students travel to a rotating city (e.g. Los Angeles, San Francisco) to meet with alumni working in the communication field. Previous companies visited include: LA Chargers. Students will review relevant background information about each company prior to the trip to include Skype meetings with other communication and media firms.
When Offered Winter.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Communication majors.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: COMM 4951.
Comments Students must enroll in both COMM 4951 (fall) and COMM 4952 (winter) to receive a final letter grade. Students will receive a placeholder grade (R) in the fall and upon completion of COMM 4952, the R grade will be replaced with a letter grade. Contact professors for more information.Outcomes
- Identify the roles of each firm in the communication industry, its challenges, and key drivers for the future.
- Discuss professional opportunities with working alumni through a variety of networking channels.
- Evaluate yourself navigating a career within communication industries.
- Construct and present an ePortfolio which demonstrates key communicative skills.
- Evaluate how communication industries can contribute to sustainable development goals.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Other Domestic
- Jan 10 - Jan 13, 2022
Instruction Mode: Online
Prerequisite: COMM 4951. Permission of instructor required. Enrollment limited to: Communication majors. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, guidance for whether the class is allowed travel to California has not yet been issued. If travel is permitted, students must enroll in both COMM 4951 (fall) and COMM 4952 (winter) to receive a final letter grade. Seniors graduating in the fall semester are not eligible to enroll in this class since the final grade is assigned in the winter term, after graduation. Students are expected to travel to California for CaliCOMM. Details of the trip, expenses, etc. can be found here https://communication.cals.cornell.edu/undergraduate-program/nycomm-lacomm/ . For Fall 2021/Winter 2022, the trip will be optional in April TBA.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: