- Schedule of Classes - February 7, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 7, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Every day we face known and unknown risks to our own health and safety and risks to the environment. In many cases we not only misperceive these risks, but we frequently make decisions that put us at even greater risk. Communicating the likelihood of harm based on complex, incomplete, and uncertain science is a challenge. This course uses case studies to illustrate theories of risk communication, and practical in-class exercises to demonstrate how theories apply to specific situations.
When Offered Fall, Winter.
Distribution Category (SBA-AG)
- Students will be able to explain how the communication of complex risk differs from other types of communication.
- Students will be able to describe a range of theories relevant to risk communication.
- Students will be able to gain experience in applying communication theory to the practice of risk communication.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Online Meeting
Instruction Mode: Distance Learning-Asynchronous
This Online Winter Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ws/courses/courses.php?v=3375
Disabled for this roster.