- Schedule of Classes - February 7, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 7, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
America's employers consistently rank the ability to communicate as one of the most important career skills for hiring and advancement. This course will strengthen your ability to craft effective written communication for a variety of formats, providing you with a skill set that is applicable in professional and academic settings. Assignments explore social science and communication concepts.
When Offered Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Communication majors. All majors allowed for summer enrollment.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: COMM 1101 and 3 credits of college-level writing courses. Summer Prerequisite: grade of "B" or better in a 3-credit college writing course.
- Students will be able to build skills in a series of tasks critical to high-quality writing; finding, evaluating, analyzing, synthesizing and prioritizing complex material.
- Students will be able to master the individual components of the writing process; composing, editing, and revising.
- Students will be able to translate social science and communication theories and concepts for academic and public audiences.
- Students will be able to maintain the fundamentals of effective writing while adapting style, tone and content to fit a variety of formats and audiences.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Online Meeting
Instruction Mode: Distance Learning-Asynchronous
This Online Winter Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ws/courses/courses.php?v=3139
Disabled for this roster.