- Schedule of Classes - February 7, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 7, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Branding has become one of the most important aspects of business strategy. A strong understanding of branding is essential for the success of a business. This course provides an opportunity to internalize the concepts, principles and tools important in successful branding. The course covers the building blocks and principles of branding and strategy, importance of brand equity and how to build and manage brand equity. What is a brand? How can a brand stay relevant? What is brand strategy? How are meaningful brands created? Why do some brands have greater longevity and loyalty? How to reach the target audience? This course will provide opportunities to understand the building blocks of a strong brand and apply strategies and techniques. Students will develop acumen and confidence in their strategic and analytical ability working with discussions, assignments, readings and problem solving. Students will develop enhanced strategic skills, conceptual, analytical and decision-making skills.
When Offered Winter, Summer.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: an introductory marketing course.
- Identify and apply the foundational building blocks of developing a brand–mission, vision, values, and brand purpose.
- Explain what makes a strong brand and why a brand can command a premium.
- Identify brand opportunities and determine a brand strategy to best position the brand and achieve the goals.
- Describe and implement the key components in brand planning.
- Recognize the importance of the target market and consumer insights and develop examples of each.
- Analyze consumer and marketplace trends and demonstrate their implications.
- Develop strategies to capitalize on opportunities to strengthen a brand position.
- Evaluate a brand marketplace performance through practice on data sources.
- Create brand long term essentials–building blocks of brand meaning.
- Formulate effective brand strategies to build and manage brand equity—apply the concept building brand equity and the importance of communicating throughout all consumer touch points.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Online Meeting
Instruction Mode: Distance Learning-Asynchronous
This Online Winter Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ws/courses/courses.php?v=3401
Disabled for this roster.