- Schedule of Classes - February 7, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 7, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Data-driven decision making and the use of analytical approaches are critical skills for success in business. Analytics skills are increasing in demand and in many cases, are required for business professionals. The new technologies and development such as personal electrical devices, social media, online shopping, … resulted in exponential growth in the amount of data we generate and collect on a daily basis. Companies are highly interested in extracting knowledge from these sources. To be able to manipulate and analyze a large structured and unstructured dataset, you need to learn how to code. In this course, by learning Python, one of the most popular programming languages, you are taking a significant step in data analysis. You will learn how to design and code an algorithm and manipulate datasets.
When Offered Winter, Summer.
Forbidden Overlaps Forbidden Overlap: due to an overlap in content, students will receive credit for only one course in the following group: AEM 2840, AEM 2841, AEM 5840, CS 1133, HADM 3710.
Comments Students are expected to have intermediate computing skills using Microsoft Office and a Windows platform and intermediate Excel skills.Outcomes
- Develop algorithmic thinking.
- Utilize and understand Basic Data Structures.
- Utilize and understand Conditional Branching and Looping.
- Build Functions in Python.
- Develop skills in building models to solve real-world business problems.
- Effectively use various Python libraries for data analysis.
- Produce a Python solution for a business application.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Online Meeting
Instruction Mode: Distance Learning-Asynchronous
This Online Winter Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ws/courses/courses.php?v=3400
Disabled for this roster.