- Schedule of Classes - January 31, 2019 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 31, 2019 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
The course is designed to provide students with an opportunity to observe agricultural development in India or Myanmar and to promote interdisciplinary exchange among faculty, staff, students and their Indian Myanmaran counterparts. This three-week field-study trip in January is followed by discussions, written projects, and oral presentations during the spring semester (IARD 6020) dealing with problems in food, agriculture, and livestock production in the context of social and economic conditions of India or Myanmar.
When Offered Winter.
Fees Course fee: TBA; cost of field-study trip to be determined (including airfare, local transportation, and lodging). Some merit and need-based financial aid may be available.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: IARD 4020 or permission of instructor.
Course Attribute (CU-ITL)
- Critically discuss and understand the various issues that affect the social status, political influence, economics, ethnic status, geography, agriculture, cultural norms, religion, social movements, etc. that influence the diverse communities (rural, urban, poor and middle class) in India or Myanmar.
- Experience living and interacting with various local communities and people and projects in India or Myanmar to confirm what was learned in the 4020 course so they can articulate and identify key social, economic and food security issues directly by observing in the field.
- Comfortably interact with the Indian students that accompany them on the trip.
- Demonstrate their ability to synthesize what they learned in the field visit into valuable outputs in the form of group presentations, final papers and reflections on their experiences when they return from the field trip.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Multi-Term(Multi-Term Course: Not Graded)
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Other International
- Jan 3 - Jan 18, 2019
This is the first part of a 2 term course, students will receive a grade after IARD/FDSC 6020 is completed. Course fees: TBD Travel to India Dates: January 2 and 19. Department Consent Required.
Department Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.