- Schedule of Classes - January 31, 2019 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 31, 2019 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This on-campus and international field course combination provides participating students with a broad introduction to the research process in field ecology, with literature and hands-on examples drawn from the fauna and flora of coastal Patagonia (Argentina), an area that provides us with unprecedented access to both marine and terrestrial wildlife as well as exposure to conservation challenges and success stories. During the 2+ week field component in January, students travel among field sites in Patagonia and put the knowledge gained in the Fall semester to work in an experiential context by designing and implementing a series of research projects, including numerous short 'blitz' projects and several longer, more intensive independent projects; many of these field studies involve close-hand observations of marine mammals, penguins, or other seabirds. The 7-week Spring semester component is focused on building skills in data analysis and scientific writing, based on the data collected in the field by each student.
When Offered Multi-semester course, Spring (weeks 1-7).
Fees Course fee: $3500.
Distribution Category (BIO-AG)
Course Attribute (CU-ITL, CU-SBY)
- Experience the scientific process from field- inquiry and hypothesis development, through project design, data collection, analyses, and presentation and dissemination of results.
- Develop depth of knowledge related to the ecology, behavior, and evolutionary biology of Neotropical wildlife.
- Comprehend the intricacy of wildlife conservation and management.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Multi-Term(Multi-Term Course: Not Graded)
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Other International
- Jan 7 - Jan 19, 2019
Field trip to Patagonia. Prerequisite: BIOEE 2525. Students must enroll in BIOEE 2525, BIOEE 2526, and BIOEE 2527 to receive a final grade. Permission of instructor required. Travel dates are 1/6/19 and 1/20/19.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.