- Schedule of Classes - June 3, 2023 7:52PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 3, 2023 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Discusses the facts and fallacies concerning the role that nutrition, exercise, and other health behaviors play in preventing disease, maintaining good health, and maximizing athletic performance. Emphasis is on understanding the biological mechanisms through which good nutrition and regular exercise affect psychological and physical health.
When Offered Fall, Summer.
Permission Note Enrollment preference given to: DNS majors and Human Ecology students.
Distribution Category (PBS-HE)
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Identify the role of key nutrients, foods, and dietary patterns in health, disease prevention and therapeutic approaches.
- Describe complex systems of interactions of nutrition with genetic, social, cultural and environmental factors.
- Explain the development and progression of nutrition guidance for individuals and populations.
- Demonstrate fundamental skills in the interpretation of the nutrition literature and explain differences in quality of evidence.
Eight Week Summer.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Online Meeting
- Jun 5 - Jul 28, 2023
Instruction Mode: Distance Learning-Asynchronous
This Online Summer Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ss/courses/courses.php?v=2221
Or send this URL: