- Schedule of Classes - September 19, 2023 5:23PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 19, 2023 4:43PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Introduces students to the Communication and Information Technologies focus area of the communication department and the Human Systems track for information science. It examines several approaches to understanding technology and its role in human behavior and society. Topics include psychological aspects of computer-mediated communication; how design plays a role in the way we interface with technology and collaborate with each other; and the ways in which communication technology is situated inside social and institutional structures and cultural formations.
When Offered Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer.
Distribution Category (SBA-AG)
- Students will be able to evaluate (both existing and hypothetical) communication technologies using principles of user-centered design.
- Students will be able to anticipate consequences of communication technology (both existing and hypothetical) on individual behavior and personal well-being.
- Students will be able to anticipate consequences of communication technology (both existing and hypothetical) on collective behavior and effectiveness.
Three Week - First. Combined with: INFO 2450
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Online Meeting
- May 30 - Jun 16, 2023
Instruction Mode: Distance Learning-Asynchronous
This Online Summer Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ss/courses/courses.php?v=2198
Or send this URL: