- Schedule of Classes - May 13, 2021 7:15PM EDT
- Course Catalog - May 13, 2021 7:16PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
This course balances theoretical and studio approaches in the design and two-dimensional representation of fashion. Academic literature and lectures accompany practical design exercises such as trend forecasting and collection development throughout the three-week semester. Students will explore various media and techniques to practice new skills, while creating a professional-grade portfolio based on their individual design aesthetic. Students will be introduced to contemporary fashion design techniques both mechanical and digital.
When Offered Summer.
Comments The instructor will provide a list of supplies, which will cost approximately $50. This expense is in addition to the cost of the program. Depending on the nature of individual projects, students should anticipate incurring additional expenses for art supplies, printing, and related materials. Students should bring a camera, or a high quality cell phone camera, with the ability to download photos to a computer as well as at least a 16 MB USB flash drive.Outcomes
- Create a high-quality portfolio, suitable for college applications.
- Develop and present an original collection of fashion designs.
- Achieve an understanding of fashion design concepts, processes, and research.
- Become familiar with the most important media of fashion and understand the limitations and opportunities offered to the designer by various materials and techniques.
- Understand the major developments in fashion as they have occurred from the late nineteenth to the early twenty-first century.
- Achieve an understanding of new developments within the global fashion system.
Three Week - Three.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Online Meeting
- Jul 12 - Jul 30, 2021
Instruction Mode: Distance Learning-Asynchronous
This Online Summer Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ss/courses/courses.php?v=2623
Or send this URL: