- Schedule of Classes - April 14, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 14, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
This course will guide you through some foundational techniques for finding the story within your data and give you tools to generate professional quality visualizations using the programming language Python. Using the book Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals by Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic, you will apply principles in human attention and perception to make simple and effective design choices when preparing to present your data to an audience. Then you will see demonstrations of how to create a variety of different plot types in Python - some with increasing complexity as you progress - that offer a wide range of options to apply and integrate with your own area of work or expertise. You will have opportunities to practice these skills yourself by working with Python scripts to generate and recreate modeled visualizations from data provided. You will begin to realize the huge potential and customization options that programmatically creating visualizations with Python can offer.
When Offered Summer.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Engineering Management distance learning students.
- Apply concepts in human attention and perception to create visuals that effectively depict key points.
- Prepare visual narratives for professional presentation in live or printed format.
- Use Python to customize several different plot types, including advanced subplot visualizations.
Or send this URL: