- Schedule of Classes - September 9, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 9, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
America's employers consistently rank the ability to communicate as one of the most important career skills for hiring and advancement. This course will strengthen your ability to craft effective written communication for a variety of formats, providing you with a skill set that is applicable in professional and academic settings. Assignments explore social science and communication concepts.
When Offered Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Communication majors. All majors allowed for summer enrollment.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: COMM 1101 and 3 credits of college-level writing courses. Summer Prerequisite: grade of "B" or better in a 3-credit college writing course.
- Students will be able to build skills in a series of tasks critical to high-quality writing; finding, evaluating, analyzing, synthesizing and prioritizing complex material.
- Students will be able to master the individual components of the writing process; composing, editing, and revising.
- Students will be able to translate social science and communication theories and concepts for academic and public audiences.
- Students will be able to maintain the fundamentals of effective writing while adapting style, tone and content to fit a variety of formats and audiences.
Six Week Summer.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Online Meeting
- Jun 21 - Jul 30, 2021
Instruction Mode: Distance Learning-Asynchronous
This Online Summer Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ss/courses/courses.php?v=3139
Or send this URL: