- Schedule of Classes - April 10, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - April 10, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Introduction to visual communication theory. Examines how visuals influence our attention, perspectives, and understanding. Uses examples of visuals drawn from advertising, TV news, documentaries, entertainment movies, print, and interactive media to develop a theoretical framework for becoming more visually aware and for thinking more critically about how visuals influence us.
When Offered Winter, Spring, Summer.
Distribution Category (SBA-AG)
- Students will be able to explain the history of self-representation in visual media.
- Students will be able to appreciate cultural differences in visual communication.
- Students will be able to recognize and critique the indexicality of various forms of visual media.
- Students will be able to recognize and validate whether visual content is "fake news."
- Students will be able to create and present visual content using a number of media including photo-editing software, presentation software, and website design.
Six Week Summer.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TBA Online Meeting
- Jun 21 - Jul 30, 2021
Instruction Mode: Distance Learning-Asynchronous
This Online Summer Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ss/courses/courses.php?v=109
Department Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: