- Schedule of Classes - September 9, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 9, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
The course introduces molecular mechanisms that underlie the organization, division, and growth of individual cells; how they organize during embryonic development to form functional tissues and organs in multicellular organisms; and how their misbehavior contributes to disease. Students seeking additional help with the material taught in BIOMG 1350 should consider the active learning supplemental class BIOMG 1035 (see course catalog for details). The learning outcomes below indicate the topics and skills that students should master upon completion of the course.
When Offered Fall, Spring, Summer.
Distribution Category (BIO-AG, PBS-AS, BIO-AS)
Comments Biological sciences majors must take course for a letter grade. Students may not receive credit for BIOG 1140 after taking BIOMG 1350.Outcomes
- The internal organization of the cell, cellular organelles and their main functions.
- The four major classes of macromolecules in cells.
- The diversity of structures that allow proteins to execute nearly all of a cell's myriad functions.
- The molecular basis of various cellular processes such as secretory pathway and the cell cycle.
- The signaling pathways used by cells to communicate with each other and with their environment.
- Individual cell behaviors that act to promote form and function of embryonic tissue and organs.
- How to apply concepts learned in class to interpret hypothetical experimental observations.
- How to acquire scientific information from various databases and from the primary literature.
Six Week Summer.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MTWRF Online Meeting
- Jun 21 - Jul 30, 2021
Instruction Mode: Online
This Online Summer Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ss/courses/courses.php?v=2698
Disabled for this roster.