- Schedule of Classes - February 11, 2021 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - June 28, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Topics include the following: steady and unsteady heat conduction; forced and free convection; external and internal flows; radiation heat transfer; and heat exchangers numerical solutions using ANSYS/FLUENT for conduction and convection.
When Offered Spring, Summer.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: MAE 3230 or permission of instructor.
Comments Offered in summer through the Engineering Cooperative Program.Outcomes
- Become proficient with energy balances to develop models of heat flow in various systems.
- Learn terminology and principles of heat transfer.
- Develop broad understanding of basic modes of heat transfer (conduction, convection, radiation) and become proficient at predicting heat transfer rates for these modes including computing the heat transfer coefficient for forced and natural convection.
- Become proficient at computing radiative exchange between surfaces.
- Apply basic heat exchanger theory to predict heat exchanger performance for standard designs.
Summer Special Session 2. Choose one lecture and one discussion.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- Jul 6 - Aug 14, 2020
Instruction Mode: Online
This Summer Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ss/courses/courses.php?v=1256
Disabled for this roster.