- Schedule of Classes - May 30, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - May 30, 2020 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Introduces students to the Communication and Information Technologies focus area of the communication department and the Human Systems track for information science. It examines several approaches to understanding technology and its role in human behavior and society. Topics include psychological aspects of computer-mediated communication; how design plays a role in the way we interface with technology and collaborate with each other; and the ways in which communication technology is situated inside social and institutional structures and cultural formations.
When Offered Fall, Summer.
Distribution Category (SBA-AS)
- Students will be able to evaluate (both existing and hypothetical) communication technologies using principles of user-centered design.
- Students will be able to anticipate consequences of communication technology (both existing and hypothetical) on individual behavior and personal well-being.
- Students will be able to anticipate consequences of communication technology (both existing and hypothetical) on collective behavior and effectiveness.
Three Week - First. Combined with: COMM 2450
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- Jun 1 - Jun 19, 2020
Instruction Mode: Online
This Summer Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ss/courses/courses.php?v=2198
Or send this URL: