- Schedule of Classes - February 11, 2021 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - June 28, 2020 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Introduction to visual communication theory. Examines how visuals influence our attention, perspectives, and understanding. Uses examples of visuals drawn from advertising, TV news, documentaries, entertainment movies, print, and interactive media to develop a theoretical framework for becoming more visually aware and for thinking more critically about how visuals influence us.
When Offered Winter, Spring, Summer.
Distribution Category (SBA-AG)
- Students will be able to explain the history of self-representation in visual media.
- Students will be able to appreciate cultural differences in visual communication.
- Students will be able to recognize and critique the indexicality of various forms of visual media.
- Students will be able to recognize and validate whether visual content is "fake news."
- Students will be able to create and present visual content using a number of media including photo-editing software, presentation software, and website design.
Six Week Summer.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- Jun 22 - Jul 31, 2020
Instruction Mode: Online
This Online Summer Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ss/courses/courses.php?v=109
Disabled for this roster.