- Schedule of Classes - August 19, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 13, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
This course provides an overview of the area of corporate sustainability, with particular emphasis on the finance industry. The focus will be on understanding how the challenges of sustainability, including resource depletion, climate change, biodiversity loss, poverty, inequality, and weak governance, can affect corporate behavior. Through a combination of classroom presentations, assigned readings, independent writing assignments, and in-class discussions, students will learn about the most important themes in corporate sustainability.
When Offered Summer.
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Students will describe the key trends in the area of corporate sustainability, as well as the risks and opportunities that arise from a growing public awareness of the impacts of corporate activity.
- Students will articulate sustainability risks associated with particular corporate activities and will be able to propose actions that mitigate these risks.
- Students will critically examine the interactions between corporate entities and their peers, their regulators, the public, and their other stakeholders, and to recognize opportunities for improving the outcomes of these interactions.
- Students will leverage financial tools to better manage natural resources and reach particular social objectives.
Summer Special Session 2.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MTWRFWarren Hall 175
- Jun 24 - Jul 12, 2019
This Summer Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ss/courses/courses.php?v=3280
Or send this URL: