- Schedule of Classes - May 19, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - May 19, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Making a Difference by Design is a course about leadership, creative problem solving and social change. Design is not just about products, it is about strategy, communication, empowerment, growth and social change, and has a specific impact on health and hospitality. DEA 1110 was conceived as a companion to DEA 1100, Design Generation(s), although it is not necessary to take both classes. The course is not a class about becoming a designer. It presumes no pre-requisites or artistic abilities. It is an introductory level course for non-designers and designers alike which examines how design affects you personally and globally, and how you can affect design process to innovate in various fields.
When Offered Fall, Summer.
Fees Lab fee: $15.
Permission Note Enrollment limited.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of creative design process - information gathering, idea exploration, iterative feedback loops, prototyping and testing - and an awareness of key factors affecting creativity and teamwork (innovate in research, design or practice).
- Recognize design as both a leadership and strategic business planning tool with both tangible and intangible outcomes and impacts across a variety of stakeholders (apply multi-disciplinary perspective).
- Understand the relationship between health, hospitality and design.
Summer Special Session 2. Combined with: DEA 1110
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MTWRFIves Hall 217
- Jul 15 - Aug 2, 2019
Department Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: