- Schedule of Classes - September 3, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 13, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
General introduction to the fundamental principles of genetics in eukaryotes and bacteria. Topics include gene transmission, linkage, recombination, structure, mutations, and manipulation, as well as analysis of genomes in individuals and populations.
When Offered Fall, Spring, Summer (eight-week session).
Forbidden Overlaps Forbidden Overlap: due to an overlap in content, students will not receive credit for both BIOMG 2800 and NTRES 2830.
Distribution Category (PBS-AS)
- Understand and describe basic principles of inheritance, gene expression, and genomic structure in the context of biological evolution.
- Think analytically and creatively about the applications of basic principles of inheritance and gene expression to interpretations of naturally occurring and experimental biological phenomena.
- Understand how genetics provides an experimental approach that can be used to investigate almost any aspect of biology.
- Develop an appreciation that genetics is important to future progress in medical sciences.
- Develop problem solving skills employing logical thought.
Eight Week Summer.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWFWarren Hall 101
- Jun 10 - Aug 2, 2019
This Summer Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ss/courses/courses.php?v=2699
Disabled for this roster.