- Schedule of Classes - September 16, 2018 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2018 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2017-2018.
Advanced development of the organization and planning processes necessary to operate a successful agricultural science education program in the public schools. Interaction with state and national resources, implementation strategies will be researched. Models of engagement identified and developed in preparation for entry into the field of teaching. Fieldwork provides experience with New York agricultural education students, teachers, and curriculum development for new programs.
When Offered Summer.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Express a mastery level understanding of the structures, purposes, and philosophy of agricultural science education.
- Express a mastery level of understanding curriculum theory and curriculum practices.
- Describe the processes involved in planning and managing a program of agricultural science education.
- Develop and sequence the content for a course that meets the needs of your students, community, and school that conforms to the requirements of the New York State agricultural curriculum and supports the New York State Learning Standards and national Agricultural Food and Natural Resources standards.
- Establish a plan for establishing a new or redeveloping an existing agricultural program.
- Develop a five-year plan for your own professional development.
Summer Special Session 1.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWFKennedy Hall 103
- May 30 - Jun 22, 2018
This Summer Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ss/courses/courses.php?v=2636
Department Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: