- Schedule of Classes - August 31, 2015 6:16PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 11, 2015 6:21PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2014-2015.
This course focuses on how leaders in a variety of fields use design as a social change agent. It interweaves theories of leadership and creative problem-solving through case study examinations of a wide range of design innovations in communication, business, education, medicine, human development, history and ecology. Students learn how design affects their daily lives from the person to the planet. Additional topics include nurturing creativity, visual communications, values-led entrepreneurship, and designing across cultures.
When Offered Fall.Outcomes
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of creative design process - information gathering, idea exploration, iterative feedback loops, prototyping and testing - and an awareness of key factors affecting creativity and teamwork (innovate in research, design or practice).
- Recognize design as both a leadership and strategic business planning tool with both tangible and intangible outcomes and impacts across a variety of stakeholders (apply multi-disciplinary perspective).
- Understand the concept of whole systems designing as an integrative system of leverage points, decision-making and impact (critical thinking).
Three Week Summer. Combined with: DEA 1110
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Student Option)
Class Number & Section Details
- MTWRFM Van Rensselaer Hall 151
- May 27 - Jun 19, 2015
This Summer Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ss/courses/courses.php?v=2839
Disabled for this roster.