- Schedule of Classes - August 31, 2015 6:16PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 11, 2015 6:21PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2014-2015.
General introduction to laboratory experimental genetics in eukaryotes and bacteria. Topics include gene transmission, linkage, recombination, structure, mutations, and manipulation.
When Offered Fall, spring, summer.
Permission Note Not open to freshmen in the fall semester.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite or corequisite: BIOMG 2800; BIOG 1500 recommended.
Comments Biological sciences majors must take course for a letter grade.Outcomes
- Apply quantitative reasoning, basic probability/statistics and experimental controls to accomplish the goals of the laboratory projects on Mendelian chromosome mapping and microbial genetics.
- Develop an understanding of how the scientific method works and how analysis of raw experimental and control data is the foundation for scientific conclusions.
- Develop an understanding of real-world biological constraints on the design and execution of experiments involving live organisms.
Eight Week Summer.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Student Option)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRPlant Science Building G41
- Jun 8 - Jul 31, 2015
This Summer Session class is offered by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions. For details visit http://www.sce.cornell.edu/ss/courses/courses.php?v=2834
Disabled for this roster.