- Schedule of Classes - March 4, 2024 7:37PM EST
- Course Catalog - March 4, 2024 7:06PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This course is designed to guide Plant Sciences majors in developing career goals around an out-of-classroom experience, in reflecting on that experience, and in recording that experience in the student's ePortfolio. To that end, students will draw up a set of learning outcomes for an internship, research opportunity or extension experience in the Plant Sciences, which must be approved by their faculty advisor before the experience begins. The student must then develop a critical reflection on that experience and upload it into one's ePortfolio.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Plant Sciences majors.
Comments This course may be taken concurrently with or after PLSCI 2990, PLSCI 4960 or PLSCI 4990, although enrollment in a formal, credit-bearing research or internship experience course is not required. Students should enroll in the section of their Plant Sciences faculty advisor.Outcomes
- Establish the goals/learning outcomes for the internship, research or extension experience before beginning the work.
- Evaluate the completed internship, research or extension experience as a complement to required and elective courses.
- Reflect on how the experience has provided new insights into the plant sciences and how it contributes to career goals.
- Articulate the internship or research experience for a lay audience.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Or send this URL: