NBAY 6920

NBAY 6920

Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.

The purpose of this class is to introduce you to fundamental concepts in data science & machine learning (ML) and prepare you for your career path as an entrepreneur or various business roles (e.g. product manager, marketing, operations, consulting…etc) in for-profit & non-profit organizations. This course differs from the classes offered from the engineer side in that we will use a business-centric approach, where we first begin with the business problem to be solved, and then we cover the technical methodologies to solve the context-specific use cases. Throughout the course I will teach you a decision-making framework to unite the various disparate use cases under a common thread. This framework draws upon my years of experience as both an AI researcher and as a business consultant. I have been fortunate to apply ML to various business contexts, from Silicon Valley startups to the Fortune 500, from private equity to non-profit organizations, and I am actively using and evolving this framework in my current role as an entrepreneur in my own AI startup. I will show you how to use this framework using a mixture of business case studies, real-world context data sets, lectures, and guest speakers. My hope is that you will leave this course with the skills to assemble the talent/resources to tackle the data science and ML challenges that you will encounter when you work for large firms or starting your ventures.

When Offered Spring.

View Enrollment Information

Syllabi:
  •   Seven Week - Second. 

• 1.5 Credits GradeNoAud

• 11684 NBAY 6920   LEC 001

• Instruction Mode: In Person
    Taught in NYC at Cornell Tech. Open to Johnson & Cornell Tech Students who have completed PREREQUISITE TECHIE 5310 - Business Fundamentals (or received waiver) Add/Drop Dates: March 13th - March 20th. Deadline to drop March 20th at 11:59pm. Permission from faculty required to add/drop after March 20th. Deadline to drop without “W” April 10th After this date, "W" grade on your transcript. This course counts as a Management Science Elective.