- Schedule of Classes - March 3, 2024 7:29PM EST
- Course Catalog - March 3, 2024 7:06PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
Focuses on reading and evaluating the theories and research methodologies used to investigate communication via computer systems. Assignments include student collaborations using electronic conferencing and other advanced communication technologies, as well as reflections on and evaluations of these collaborations in light of current theories and research findings. Topics include virtual teams, videoconferencing, and others as they emerge.
When Offered Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate students or permission of instructor.
- Students will gain a theoretical understanding of the field of CMC and become familiar with both common and novel CMC tools, though readings and in depth class discussion of key articles in the field.
- Students will gain an understanding of how CMC researchers conduct their research, though a series of mini projects that require them to examine CMC phenomena and write short reports on them.
- Students will gain an in depth understanding of a selected area of CMC, through their team project and class presentation.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Upson Hall 142
- Jan 22 - May 7, 2024
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: