- Schedule of Classes - November 30, 2023 7:54PM EST
- Course Catalog - November 30, 2023 7:32PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2023-2024.
This is a foundational strategy course for students who will work for firms where innovation and technology is important to the competitive advantage of the firm. This includes tech firms like Google, Facebook, and Amazon as well as traditional technology firms like GE, IBM, and Corning. Innovation is also increasingly important to financial firms such as Capital One, Citibank and Jane Street (a quantitative trading firm). This year we will have guest speakers from Jane Street, Capital One labs and Apple. This course is important for students interested in consulting because innovation is a common topic that consultants have to address. It is also relevant to students with interests in entrepreneurship and corporate venturing.
When Offered Spring.
- Students will work in a team to solve business and economic problems.
- Students will demonstrate working knowledge of innovation techniques and ability to apply these to real world settings.
- Students will identify unmet customer needs and work on teams to construct creative and innovation solutions to resolve these needs.
- Students will attain analytical and functional competency in basic business.
- Students will evaluate organizational innovation competencies and deficiencies and recommend a plan to address organizational deficiencies.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: AEM 4650
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- R M Van Rensselaer Hall 1151
- Jan 22 - May 7, 2024
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: