- Schedule of Classes - February 3, 2023 7:32PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 3, 2023 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2022-2023.
Explores the history of public gardens, types of contemporary public gardens, and the operation of public gardens including botanical gardens and arboreta. Includes separate units on administration and business management of gardens, collections curatorship, collections design, educational programs, research, and management of landscapes and natural areas.
When Offered Spring.
Fees Field trip fee: approximately $100 for two-and-a-half-day trip to botanical gardens and arboreta.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Describe all aspects of establishing, managing, and expanding public gardens, including botanical gardens, arboreta, historic landscapes, and conservatories.
- Address challenges that arise at public gardens, and thereby to improve their decision-making abilities.
- Articulate ways in which public gardens are addressing social and environmental issues, in their communities and on regional and global bases.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Academic Surge A 109
- Jan 23 - May 9, 2023
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: